- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, white parts finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, peeled and diced
- 6 c. no-chicken broth (I just used regular ol' vegetable broth)
- 1/2 orzo (although next time, I'd add a cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice (I used all the juice from a large lemon...perfection)
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- lemon wedges for garnish
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks, onion, carrots, and a pinch of salt; cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until veggies are softened, stirring often.
2. Stir in broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 10 minutes. Add orzo, and cook 11 minutes more, or until pasta is tender. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk together eggs adn lemon juice in bowl. Add 3 ladles soup broth to egg mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk egg mixture back into soup, and cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until soup is thickened, but without letting it come to a boil. Serve sprinkled with parsley, mint and oregano, and garnished with lemon wedges.
Per Servings: 144 calories, 5 g. total fat, 3 g. fiber.